The power supply unit (PSU) is one of the most important components of a computer system, as it provides power to all the other components. When choosing a power supply for your system, it’s essential to ensure that it has enough wattage capacity to meet the power requirements of your graphics card. If you’re planning to install a GTX 1660 Super graphics card, you must select a power supply that can deliver sufficient power to the GPU and other components.
The GTX 1660 Super is a mid-range graphics card that requires a minimum power supply of 450 Watts. However, it’s recommended to use a PSU with a higher wattage rating to ensure stable and reliable performance. In this guide, we’ll discuss the power requirements of the GTX 1660 Super and provide some recommendations on choosing a suitable power supply for your system.
What Power Supply Do I Need for GTX 1660 Super?
The power supply required for GTX 1660 Super depends upon various factors such as the configuration of the system, the number of peripherals connected, and the power consumption of other components. However, in general, a power supply with the following features is recommended for GTX 1660 Super:
• Wattage: The power supply should have at least 500 watts of power capacity to meet the power requirements of the graphics card and other components such as CPU, motherboard, and storage devices.
• 80 Plus certification: The power supply should have an 80 Plus certification to ensure high efficiency and reduce power wastage.
• +12V rail: The power supply should have a dedicated +12V rail with sufficient amperage to provide stable power to the graphics card.
• PCIe power connectors: The power supply should have dedicated PCIe power connectors (6-pin or 8-pin) to connect with the graphics card.
• Quality: The power supply should be of good quality and from a reputable brand to ensure stable power delivery and avoid any risk of damage to the components.
In summary, a power supply with a minimum of 500 watts, an 80 Plus certification, a dedicated +12V rail with sufficient amperage, PCIe power connectors, and good quality is recommended for GTX 1660 Super.
1. What wattage power supply is recommended for a GTX 1660 Super?
The recommended wattage power supply for a GTX 1660 Super is 450 watts.
2. Does the GTX 1660 Super require a separate power cable?
Yes, the GTX 1660 Super requires a separate 8-pin power cable.
3. Is it advisable to go for a higher wattage power supply for a GTX 1660 Super?
It is not necessary to go for a higher wattage power supply for a GTX 1660 Super as long as you meet the recommended wattage requirement.
4. Is a modular power supply necessary for a GTX 1660 Super?
No, a modular power supply is not necessary for a GTX 1660 Super.
5. What happens if I use a power supply with lower wattage than the recommended amount for a GTX 1660 Super?
Using a power supply with lower wattage than the recommended amount for a GTX 1660 Super may cause instability and system crashes, and can potentially damage the graphics card.
In conclusion, determining the appropriate power supply for GTX 1660 Super is crucial in ensuring optimal performance and preventing any potential damage to your graphics card. By considering the recommended wattage of 450W to 500W, choosing a reputable brand, and checking for available PCIe connectors, you can confidently enjoy your gaming experience without any worries about electrical issues. Investing in a high-quality power supply will not only enhance your graphics card’s capabilities but also ensure the longevity of your entire system. So, make a wise choice and enjoy seamless gaming sessions!