Discord is a popular platform for communication among gamers and non-gamers alike. It offers a variety of features such as voice and video calling, text messaging, and screen sharing. While it is easy to use, some users find it difficult to completely close the application on their devices. Fully closing Discord is important to ensure it does not continue to use system resources, which can lead to slower device performance. In this article, we will discuss how to fully close Discord on different devices.
Whether you are using Discord on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone, it is important to ensure that it is completely closed after use. Leaving the application running in the background can drain your device’s battery and slow down its performance. In the next sections, we will provide simple and easy-to-follow steps to fully close Discord on various devices, helping you to ensure that it is not consuming unnecessary resources and optimizing your device’s efficiency.
How to Fully Close Discord?
Discord is a popular communication application that allows users to chat, voice call, and video call in groups or one-on-one. However, there may be instances when you need to fully close the app. Here’s how to do it:
1. Exit all Discord windows: The first step is to close all Discord windows that may be running on your device.
2. Check for active processes: On Windows, you can check for active processes associated with Discord by opening the Task Manager, selecting the Processes tab, and looking for the Discord processes. On Mac, use the Activity Monitor app.
3. End the processes: Once you locate the Discord processes, select each one and click on “End Task” on Windows or “Quit Process” on Mac.
4. Uninstall the app: If you want to fully close Discord and remove it from your device, you can uninstall the application. On Windows, go to the Control Panel, select Programs and Features, find Discord and click on “Uninstall.” On Mac, drag the Discord app from the Applications folder to the Trash.
It is important to note that fully closing Discord may not always be necessary or recommended. The app may run in the background to allow for quick communication and updates. Additionally, some users may want to keep the app running to receive notifications.
1. Question: How do I fully close Discord on my computer?
Answer: To fully close Discord on your computer, you can right-click on the Discord icon in your system tray then click “Quit Discord” from the context menu. Alternatively, you can click the “X” button on the top-right corner of the Discord window.
2. Question: Why do I need to fully close Discord?
Answer: Fully closing Discord helps to conserve system resources and ensure proper functioning of your computer. It also prevents any unauthorized access to your Discord account when you’re not using it.
3. Question: How do I fully close Discord on my mobile device?
Answer: To fully close Discord on your mobile device, you can swipe up or down to access the app switcher and swipe the Discord app upwards to close it. You can also go to your device’s app settings and force stop the Discord app.
4. Question: Is there a shortcut key to fully close Discord?
Answer: Yes, you can use the Ctrl + Q (Windows) or Cmd + Q (Mac) shortcut keys to fully close Discord on your computer.
5. Question: Will fully closing Discord delete my account or settings?
Answer: No, fully closing Discord will not delete your account or settings. It will only log you out of the app and prevent it from running in the background. You can log back in and access your account and settings at any time.
There you have it, ways on how to fully close Discord. By following these steps, you can ensure that no activity is being recorded and all data is erased from your computer. Remember to always log out properly before closing the application and never leave any sensitive information in public servers. Happy chatting!