MSI is a well-known brand in the world of gaming laptops and desktops. MSI devices come with impressive hardware specifications to provide the best gaming experience to users. The devices feature dedicated graphics cards for displaying high-resolution graphics on the screen. However, the onboard graphics card is an additional component that can also be utilized for graphics rendering. In this guide, we will discuss how to enable onboard graphics in MSI laptops and desktops.
The process of enabling onboard graphics in MSI devices varies depending on the chipset and the BIOS version. Most MSI devices come with an integrated graphics card that can be enabled through the BIOS settings. This onboard graphics card provides basic graphics rendering capabilities and does not require a dedicated graphics card. Enabling onboard graphics can help improve the device’s performance while saving power consumption. Our guide will help you navigate the process of enabling onboard graphics in your MSI device.
How to Enable Onboard Graphics on MSI Motherboards
Enabling onboard graphics on an MSI motherboard can be done in a few easy steps:
1. Enter the BIOS: Restart your computer and keep pressing the “Delete” key to enter the BIOS.
2. Navigate to the Integrated Graphics Configuration: Look for the “Integrated Graphics Configuration” or “Onboard Graphics Configuration” option in the BIOS. It may be located under the “Advanced” or “Advanced Chipset Features” tab.
3. Enable the Integrated Graphics: Change the setting for integrated graphics from “Auto” or “Disabled” to “Enabled”.
4. Save and Exit: Save the changes you made to the BIOS and exit.
5. Connect the monitor to the onboard graphics port: Connect your monitor to the onboard graphics port on the motherboard. This can usually be found near the middle or bottom of the motherboard.
6. Reboot the computer and test: Finally, reboot your computer and test to make sure that the onboard graphics are working properly.
It is important to note that some MSI motherboards may have different BIOS settings, so it is always best to refer to the motherboard manual or MSI website for specific instructions on enabling onboard graphics.
1. How do I access the BIOS settings on my MSI motherboard?
Answer: To enter BIOS settings, restart your computer and repeatedly press the “delete” key until the BIOS screen appears.
2. Where can I find the option to enable onboard graphics on my MSI motherboard?
Answer: The option to enable onboard graphics can usually be found under the “Integrated Peripherals” or “Onboard Devices” section in the BIOS settings.
3. Do I need to disable my dedicated graphics card before enabling onboard graphics on my MSI motherboard?
Answer: It is not necessary to disable your dedicated graphics card, but it may be helpful to do so if you are experiencing issues with your graphics.
4. What do I do if I can’t find the option to enable onboard graphics on my MSI motherboard?
Answer: If you cannot find the option to enable onboard graphics in your BIOS settings, you may need to update your BIOS to the latest version.
5. How do I know if onboard graphics is enabled on my MSI motherboard?
Answer: You can check if onboard graphics is enabled by going to your computer’s Device Manager and checking the display adapters section. If you see your onboard graphics listed, then it is enabled.
Enabling onboard graphics on an MSI motherboard can be a straightforward process if you follow the correct steps. By accessing the BIOS settings and adjusting the display settings to prioritize the onboard graphics over the dedicated graphics card, you can ensure that your system is using the onboard graphics as the primary display output. This can be useful for various reasons, including troubleshooting graphics card issues and conserving power. With a bit of knowledge and patience, anyone can enable onboard graphics on their MSI motherboard and enjoy a smoother computing experience.