Dell Inspiron 15 is a popular laptop model that is widely used for various purposes. However, there may be situations where you want to disable the touch screen feature on your Dell Inspiron 15. This can be due to a number of reasons such as accidental touches, technical issues, or because you prefer to use a mouse and keyboard instead. Fortunately, disabling the touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15 is a fairly simple process.
In this article, we will guide you on how to disable the touch screen on your Dell Inspiron 15. Whether you want to disable it temporarily or permanently, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions to help you easily configure your laptop settings. So, if you are looking for ways to turn off the touch screen on your Dell Inspiron 15, keep reading to learn more.
How to Disable Touch Screen on Dell Inspiron 15?
To disable the touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15, follow these steps:
1. Open the Device Manager by searching for it in the Start menu or right-clicking on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner and selecting it from the menu.
2. Expand the “Human Interface Devices” category to reveal all of the input devices connected to your computer.
3. Locate the touch screen device in the list. It should be labeled something like “HID-compliant touch screen” or “USB Input Device.”
4. Right-click on the touch screen device and select “Disable” from the context menu.
5. A confirmation dialog box will appear. Click “Yes” to confirm that you want to disable the device.
6. The touch screen should now be disabled. You can test this by tapping on the screen with your finger or a stylus.
7. If you want to re-enable the touch screen at any time, simply repeat these steps and select “Enable” instead of “Disable” in step 4.
It is important to note that disabling the touch screen may impact the functionality of certain applications or programs. Additionally, this method only works for Dell Inspiron 15 laptops that have a touch screen display. If your laptop model does not have a touch screen, this procedure will not be relevant.
- How to disable touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15?
Answer: To disable the touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15, go to “Device Manager” and navigate to “Human Interface Devices.” Then right-click on “HID-compliant touch screen” and select “Disable.”
- Is it possible to temporarily disable the touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15?
Answer: Yes, it is possible to temporarily disable the touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15 by following the steps mentioned above and selecting “Enable” to turn it back on.
- What are the reasons to disable the touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15?
Answer: Some reasons you may want to disable the touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15 are to conserve battery life, prevent accidental taps, or avoid interference when using an external mouse or keyboard.
- Will disabling the touch screen affect the performance of Dell Inspiron 15?
Answer: No, disabling the touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15 will not affect its performance. The touch screen is a peripheral device that does not affect the speed or function of the main hardware components.
- Can I re-enable the touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15 anytime?
Answer: Yes, you can re-enable the touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15 anytime by following the steps mentioned above and selecting “Enable.”
Disabling the touch screen on Dell Inspiron 15 is a simple process that can save you from accidental clicks and touches. By following the steps mentioned in this article, you can quickly turn off the touch screen feature and enjoy a hassle-free computing experience. Whether you are working on a critical project or watching a movie, disabling touch screen ensures that you stay focused on your task. So, next time if you ever want to disable the touch screen on your Dell Inspiron 15, you know exactly what steps to follow.