Precision X server is a dynamic software used to customize and tune the graphics card of your computer system. It enhances the performance of the graphics card and ensures a better gaming experience. However, there may be times when you need to disable it. For instance, if there are conflicts with other applications or if it is causing disturbances or errors in your system.
Disabling Precision X server involves a simple process and can be done quickly. There are different ways to disable it, but the most straightforward method is to remove it from the startup menu, which means it won’t launch when your system boots up. In this article, we will discuss various methods to disable Precision X server and the steps required to accomplish this. So, let’s dive in and learn how to disable it.
How to Disable Precision X Server?
Precision X is a software tool designed to monitor and overclock Nvidia graphics cards. While it can be useful for certain users, others may want to disable it for various reasons, such as conflicts with other software or stability issues.
Here are the steps to disable Precision X Server:
1. Right-click on the Precision X Server icon in your system tray (bottom right-hand corner of your screen).
2. Click ‘Exit’ to close the program.
3. Open the ‘Task Manager’ by pressing ‘Ctrl+Shift+Esc’ or right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting ‘Task Manager.’
4. Locate ‘PrecisionXServer.exe’ under the ‘Processes’ tab and select it.
5. Click the ‘End Process’ button. This will terminate the Precision X Server service and disable the software from running.
Alternatively, you can prevent Precision X Server from starting up automatically on system startup by following these steps:
1. Open the ‘Task Manager.’
2. Click on the ‘Startup’ tab.
3. Locate ‘EVGA Precision X’ or ‘PrecisionXServer’ on the list.
4. Click on it to select it, then click the ‘Disable’ button at the bottom-right of the window.
By following these steps, you can disable Precision X Server and prevent it from running on your system.
1. How do I disable Precision X server?
To disable Precision X server, simply close the Precision X software and uninstall it from your computer.
2. What happens if I disable Precision X server?
Disabling Precision X server will remove the software from your computer, and you will not be able to access its features or functions.
3. Can I disable Precision X server temporarily?
Yes, you can simply close the Precision X software to temporarily disable it.
4. Is it safe to disable Precision X server?
Yes, it is safe to disable Precision X server. However, make sure that you have no running tasks that depend on the software before disabling it.
5. How do I know if Precision X server is disabled?
You can check if Precision X server is disabled by verifying if the software is no longer installed on your computer or if it is not running in the background processes.
In summary, disabling Precision X Server is a straightforward process that can be accomplished in just a few steps. Whether you’re looking to troubleshoot a technical issue or simply want to switch to a different program, understanding how to disable Precision X Server is a valuable skill for anyone who uses their computer for gaming or other graphics-intensive tasks. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can quickly and easily turn off Precision X Server and move on to the next step in your computing journey.