The Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 is a wireless network adapter commonly used in laptops. It supports the IEEE 802.11 b/g/n wireless standards and is capable of providing internet connectivity through the 2.4 GHz frequency band. However, many users wonder if this adapter can support the 5 GHz frequency band as well.
To answer this question, it is important to note that not all versions of the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 support the 5 GHz band. Some versions only support the 2.4 GHz band, while others support both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. It is crucial to check the specifications of the device to determine its capabilities. In this article, we will explore the topic of whether the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 supports 5 GHz and provide insights on how to check if your device is capable of connecting to the 5 GHz band.
Does Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Support 5GHz?
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 is a wireless network adapter that supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands. However, there are some factors that may affect its ability to support the 5 GHz band:
• Compatibility with the 5 GHz band depends on the specific device that the AR9485 is installed in. Some devices may have limitations that prevent them from accessing the 5 GHz band.
• Operating system compatibility is also a factor. The AR9485 is compatible with most popular operating systems, including Windows and Linux, but some operating systems may require additional drivers or configuration changes to use the 5 GHz band.
• The wireless router or access point must also support the 5 GHz band, and it must be configured to broadcast a signal on that band.
• Interference from other devices can also impact the performance of the 5 GHz band, so it is important to ensure that there are no other wireless devices in close proximity that are using the same frequency.
In summary, the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 wireless network adapter does support the 5 GHz band, but its ability to do so depends on a variety of factors, including device compatibility, operating system compatibility, and router/AP configuration.
1. Q: Does the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 support 5GHz Wi-Fi networks?
A: No, the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 only supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks.
2. Q: What is the maximum speed that the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 can support?
A: The Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 can support a maximum throughput of 150Mbps.
3. Q: Can I upgrade my Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 to support 5GHz Wi-Fi?
A: No, the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 does not have the hardware capability to support 5GHz Wi-Fi networks, so you cannot upgrade it to support this frequency.
4. Q: What types of encryption does the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 support?
A: The Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 supports WEP, WPA, WPA2, and WPS encryption.
5. Q: Is the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 compatible with Windows 10?
A: Yes, the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 is compatible with Windows 10, and drivers for this operating system are available for download from the Qualcomm website.
In summary, the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 wireless network adapter does not support 5GHz frequency. It operates on the 2.4GHz band and can only reach speeds of up to 150Mbps. Although this adapter may not be ideal for high-speed internet connectivity, it can still provide a reliable and stable wireless connection for everyday use. If you need faster and more reliable wireless speeds, you may want to consider upgrading to a different wireless network adapter that supports 5GHz frequency.