The Intel Core i7-9700K is one of the latest processors from Intel’s lineup. It has gained popularity in both gaming and productivity segments due to its excellent performance and overclocking capabilities. However, there’s a lot of confusion among consumers regarding whether this processor comes with a CPU cooler or not.
To clarify the doubt, the i7-9700K doesn’t come with a stock CPU cooler in the retail box. Intel has decided to remove the cooler from the package to make the processor more affordable and to target enthusiasts who prefer to use their cooling solution. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t use the i7-9700K without a CPU cooler. It entirely depends on your cooling requirements and system’s usage, which we’ll discuss further in this article.
Does i7-9700k come with cooler?
The i7-9700k is a CPU (central processing unit) manufactured by Intel.
When it comes to cooling, the i7-9700k does not come with its own cooler. That means if you want to use this high-performance CPU, you will need to purchase a cooling solution separately.
Here are some things to consider:
– The i7-9700k has a TDP (thermal design power) of 95 watts, which means it can generate a significant amount of heat.
– A good cooling solution is important to keep the CPU from overheating and potentially causing damage.
– There are several options for cooling the i7-9700k, including air coolers, liquid coolers, and even some all-in-one solutions that combine both.
– The type of cooling solution you choose will depend on factors like your budget, performance needs, and case size and design.
Overall, while the i7-9700k is a powerful CPU, it does not come with a cooler, so you will need to make sure you have a compatible cooling solution to keep it running smoothly.
1. Does the i7-9700k come with a cooler?
Yes, the Intel Core i7-9700k comes with a cooler included in the box.
2. What type of cooler is included with the i7-9700k?
The i7-9700k comes with an Intel stock cooler, a circular copper heat sink with a built-in fan.
3. Will the i7-9700k cooler be sufficient for overclocking?
While the included cooler is adequate for basic non-overclocking use, it may not be sufficient for more demanding use or for overclocking. An aftermarket cooler is recommended for those purposes.
4. Can I use a different cooler with the i7-9700k?
Yes, the i7-9700k is compatible with a variety of aftermarket coolers. However, it is important to ensure compatibility with the processor socket type and cooling requirements before purchasing a different cooler.
5. What is the TDP (thermal design power) of the i7-9700k cooler?
The Intel stock cooler included with the i7-9700k has a rated TDP of 95W, which is the same as the TDP of the processor itself.
In summary, the i7-9700K CPU does not come with a cooler included in the box. This means that if you plan on purchasing this processor, you will need to factor in the cost of a compatible cooler as well. It is important to ensure that you choose a cooler that is able to effectively manage the heat output of this high-performance CPU. By carefully considering your cooling options, you can help to ensure that your i7-9700K runs optimally and delivers impressive performance for all your computing needs.