The graphics card is an essential component of any computer setup, especially for gamers and content creators. It’s responsible for rendering images and videos that appear on your monitor. However, you might want to boost your graphics processing power by running multiple graphics cards in a single system. SLI (Scalable Link Interface) technology allows you to do just that. It enables you to combine the processing power of two or more identical graphics cards to achieve a higher level of performance. When it comes to SLI support, one of the most popular cards is the GTX 1060.
The GTX 1060 is a popular graphics card manufactured by NVIDIA. It’s known for its smooth performance, energy efficiency, and impressive graphics quality. However, many users wonder if it supports SLI technology. In other words, can you run two GTX 1060 cards in SLI mode? In this article, we’ll explore the answer to that question and provide you with all the details you need to know about SLI and the GTX 1060.
Does GTX 1060 Support SLI?
– SLI stands for “Scalable Link Interface”, a technology developed by NVIDIA for running multiple graphics cards simultaneously in one system.
– GTX 1060 is a graphics card developed by NVIDIA, which is part of their GTX 10 series.
– The GTX 1060 does not officially support SLI, meaning that it is not designed to run in a multi-card configuration.
– However, some motherboard manufacturers may implement a feature called “SLI support” which allows two GTX 1060 cards to be used together for increased graphics performance.
– It’s important to note that using SLI may not always result in improved performance and may depend on the specific game or application being run.
– Additionally, running multiple graphics cards can require a more powerful power supply and can create additional heat and noise in the system.
1. Can the GTX 1060 support SLI?
Yes, the GTX 1060 is SLI compatible.
2. How many GTX 1060s can I use in SLI?
You can connect up to two GTX 1060s in SLI.
3. Do I need a specific motherboard to use SLI with my GTX 1060?
Yes, you will need a SLI-compatible motherboard to use SLI with your GTX 1060.
4. What kind of performance increase can I expect from using SLI with my GTX 1060?
The increase in performance can vary depending on the game and other factors, but on average, you can expect a 40-60% boost in performance.
5. Do I need to use SLI bridge when connecting two GTX 1060s?
Yes, you will need to use a SLI bridge to connect two GTX 1060s in SLI. It is generally recommended to use the SLI bridge that comes with your motherboard or purchase one separately that is specifically designed for your setup.
To summarize, the GTX 1060 does not support SLI technology. While it may be disappointing news for some gamers, it’s important to note that SLI setups can be costly, and investing in a single, high-performance graphics card is often a more efficient and economic option. Nonetheless, the GTX 1060 still offers excellent performance for its price point and remains a popular choice for gamers and creators alike.