Corsair Commander Pro is a popular fan controller that is preferred by many gamers and computer enthusiasts. It is capable of controlling the speed and RGB lighting of up to six fans at once, making it an essential tool for customizing and optimizing your PC’s cooling and aesthetics. However, a common question among users is whether Corsair Commander Pro works with other fans, and if it does, what kind of fans are compatible.
The answer is that Corsair Commander Pro is compatible with most 3-pin and 4-pin fans, including those from other brands. This means that you can use your favorite fans with the Commander Pro and enjoy the benefits of its advanced control features. However, it is important to note that not all fans are created equal, and compatibility can vary based on factors such as voltage, amperage, and maximum RPM. In the following paragraphs, we will explore the details of how Corsair Commander Pro works with other fans and what you need to know to ensure a successful integration.
Does Corsair Commander Pro Work With Other Fans?
The Corsair Commander PRO is a device that allows you to control and monitor various components of your computer system, including fans.
Here are some things to consider about whether the Corsair Commander PRO works with other fans:
– The Corsair Commander PRO comes with four PWM fan ports. If your fans are PWM fans, then they should work with the Commander PRO. PWM stands for “Pulse Width Modulation” and is a method of controlling fan speed.
– If you have non-PWM fans, you can use a PWM fan splitter to connect them to the Commander PRO. This will allow you to control their speed through the Commander PRO.
– The Commander PRO also has two RGB LED channels, which can be used to control RGB lighting on compatible fans. Corsair sells a number of RGB fans that are compatible with the Commander PRO, but you can also use third-party fans with RGB lighting if they are compatible with Corsair’s iCUE software.
– It’s worth noting that the Commander PRO is designed to work specifically with Corsair’s iCUE software. While you may be able to use it with other programs or hardware, it’s not guaranteed to work properly.
– If you’re unsure about whether your fans will work with the Commander PRO, it’s a good idea to reach out to Corsair’s support team for guidance. They can help you determine compatibility and troubleshoot any issues you may run into.
1. Can the Corsair Commander Pro work with third-party fans?
Yes, the Commander Pro is compatible with almost all 3-pin or 4-pin fans from other manufacturers.
2. Do all the fans connected to the Commander Pro require a PWM header on the motherboard?
No, the Commander Pro has its own PWM controller that can manage the speed of up to 6 fans without using the motherboard’s headers.
3. How many fans can be connected to the Corsair Commander Pro?
The Commander Pro can manage up to 6 fans. However, with the use of splitters, users can connect even more fans to the Commander Pro.
4. Does the Corsair Commander Pro come with its own software for fan control?
Yes, the Commander Pro comes with Corsair’s iCUE software that allows users to customize and control the speed and RGB lighting of their fans.
5. Can the Corsair Commander Pro control the lighting of other manufacturers’ RGB fans?
No, the Commander Pro’s RGB LED port is only compatible with Corsair’s RGB fans. However, users can still connect other RGB fans to the Commander Pro to control their speed.
Overall, it is possible for the Corsair Commander Pro to work with other fans. As long as the fans are compatible with the Commander Pro and are connected to the appropriate headers and channels, they should function properly. However, it’s important to do your research and make sure the fans you choose are compatible to avoid any potential issues. If you’re looking to expand your cooling options and customize your build, the Corsair Commander Pro can be a useful tool to have in your arsenal.